Professional Education & Clinical Skills
Nova Southeastern University Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program
- Performed doctoral residency at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System in women’s pelvic therapy focused on pregnancy and postpartum women
- Created and conducted research survey about women’s perspectives on cesarean postpartum recovery
- Authored research article discussing the significance of occupational therapy in cesarean postpartum rehabilitation
- Recipient of the Dean’s Award for academic excellence, graduating with the highest academic achievement
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy
- Pregnancy & Postpartum Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Pelvic Rehab Manual Assessment & Treatment Techniques (PR-MATT)
- Herman & Wallace Biofeedback for Pelvic Muscle Dysfunction
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Florida Occupational Therapy Association (FOTA)
Lesley Samulak, OTD, OTR/L
I am a mother of three children, all delivered via c-section, so I personally understand the lived experience of postpartum recovery. This served as my motivation to go back to school once my youngest started VPK and complete my doctorate in occupational therapy to improve recovery outcomes for moms during postpartum through education, strategies, and support as a health care service provider.
My husband and I are originally from Michigan. I grew up in Brighton, and my husband was born in Battle Creek. Once we completed undergrad and after years of freezing in the winters, we moved to Florida in 2007. First, we relocated to the Boca Raton area and then to Sarasota in 2010. In addition to our three children, we have two Bernese Mountain Dogs named Wendy and Chewy, who are complete goofballs.
Follow me on Instagram @csectiontherapist for c-section recovery tips and related posts.
If you want to read more about my c-section recoveries, check out my blog.